Friday 9 March 2018

Like Water In A Stream

And I cried out to God, "I don't know what to do with all the sadness in my soul"

And He said, "Let it go".

And then I saw that I held onto it because I grieved for those who were gone, for that which was lost and for all my dumb mistakes.

And one of the hardest things for me was and is to let go.  But the holding on is such a struggle in the end. I think - I want them back. I want to undo my mistakes. I want to make it all better.  I want to have again all that we once had, especially those elysian days....

But like water in a stream it passes us by and we cannot catch it.

What is there then to do but to let it wash away?  Let it wash all your tears and pain with it.  Let it go. For truly you cannot hold onto it anyway. The only result of you trying is to lose today and tomorrow.

Is it an anchor or is it a weight, this past of yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment